Rarely do we have a dull moment in this house. It is not easy parenting children that are from a life of trauma and neglect. My girls are so much easier than so many, but I am just amazed everyday at someone of the things we have to deal with. My husband said the other day that we are constantly training and teaching the girls all the time. We rarely get a break. It is never easy. For example, we went to Sam's the other day and they walked right out in front of a car. I was shocked. I thought we were past that. Obviously not. The training never stops. I wish I had something that told me each morning what age I am going to be parenting that day. Is it 5, 7, 10? I never know from day to day.
Another question...
Can you have children tested for sensory issues? We see a lot of this with Haylee. A friend of mine has triplets that were preemies like my girls. Her boy acts a lot like Haylee. She has him in therapy for sensory issues. We have talked about this since the girls have been with us, but didn't really know where to begin. Is this something you learn by watching or is their a test to determine is they have issues? Does it just come with ADD and FAE?
Yes ask for an occupational therapy evaluation for sensory issues. Your insurance may cover it, or schools also do them.
ReplyDelete